Monday, August 07, 2006

Additions To vtkGraph

I have now added text into my graph implementation using the vtkTextMapper class. It seems to work very well for the purpose with the ability to change the color and size easily, it even has functions that enable the text to be centered to allow for the appropriate format of the text even if the content changes. One difficulty with this class was using its orientation function that allows for the change of the angle of the text by specifying the desired orientation in degrees. When I tried to edit this there was no apparent result. I had planned to display the y-axis label vertically using this function. Now that the labeling has been pretty much completed, I had moved onto the axis that I first tried to display using vtkAxisActor2D, but I have had a terrible time trying to get it to display. The other solution would be to use vtkLine to create the axis. As far as the scaling of the y-axis was concerned, I plan to scale all of the points by a certain amount every time the points reach an upper boundary.


The vtkXYPlotActor itself has much of the functionality that I am trying to recreate. To alleviate some of the issues that I have been having with it to get it to work with Linux I have declared some of the undeclared referenced classes in the calling program and that has helped with many of the errors. Then I came upon difficulties with the vtkMapper2D that I am having trouble declaring properly. It seems that the problem stems from some of the libraries in VTK are not being declared properly in the context of this class. I tried recompiling VTK with turning off the shared libraries and setting the path name correctly but neither seemed to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home